CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Me

I’m sure that many people today have probably envisioned in their heads the person they’ve always aspired to be. I know for me, I’m never fully satisfied with my current ’state-of-me.’ Although I feel like I’m a pretty good ‘me’- I’m certain that the very best ‘me’ is still yet to be revealed.

Each blessed day I awake, I look forward to learning something new, and I make every effort to instill the same values in my children. It’s my hope that I do something that will provide exemplify a helpful example, a lasting impression, or a word that will help them to see that life should be enjoyed to the fullest. To show them that they have a whole world at their fingertips.

When they were small I’d encourage them to be loving to others, to be not just hearers–but doers, as well as givers. I’d tell them that everyone deserves a measure of respect, and that kindness should come as naturally as second-nature to them. Hopefully, supplying them with all the tools they need to be good, wholesome, and decent individuals. As I aspire to be a better me, I pray that my children will also recognize that striving to be better is a life-long process that will never be easily conquered in this life. It takes discipline, self-denial, the ability to focus, with determination and God.

Being the woman I aspire to be is a work in progress…

See you on the other side…

My future ‘me.’

“As thou knowest not what is the way of spirit, nor how the bones do grow of her that is with child; even so thou knowest not works of God who maketh all.” (Ecclesiastes 11:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment